Retronyms has released an Android version of Phase84. Previously Phase84 was only available on iOS, and a limited number of Samsung devices. Now they've opened it up to the greater Android user-base.
Phase84 iTunes Description:Retronyms present Phase84 for Android, a next generation phase distortion synthesizer. Phase84 fuses gritty digital sounds with traditional analog punch. 🎹
Phase84 is an extremely capable synthesizer and features over 110 presets, containing all sorts of basses, leads, pads, bell tones, sweeps, atmospheric sounds, pseudo-realistic tones, and more. Experienced synth tweakers will be thrilled at the sheer variety of unique sounds that can be produced with this incredibly versatile synth, as well as musicians exploring Phase84 for the first time. Phase84 takes the basic phase distortion technique and supercharges it.
The origins of Phase84 began in the 80s. This form of waveshaping synthesis has its roots in Casio’s brilliant CZ line of digital synthesizers during that decade. It is designed to have the warmth of a subtractive (analog) synthesizer, yet be capable of the squelchy tones and sharp attacks of an FM synth. With Phase84, users can customize their waveforms much more than on the original Casio CZs.
Phase84 in particular can create warm pads, glitchy sounds, dirty basses, filthy sweeps, screaming leads, and anything in-between. For those familiar with the typical Moog-like synthesis, think of the "shaper" as being synonymous with "brightness" or "filter cutoff”. An organic semi-randomized unison mode helps it produce killer pads. The oscillators can be FM’d together for even more complex and rough tones, or phased using pulse-width modulation. Phase84 also has live performance features and uniquely customizable gate for maximum funkitude!
- More than 100 presets
- USB MIDI controller support
- Low-latency audio on both Samsung and non-Samsung devices
- Advanced Keyboard section
- Expressive Perform Mode with Groove Gate
- Precision Knob mode
- Preset saving in Standalone Mode
- Phat, naturalistic unison feature for super thick pads and sweeps
- Oscillator Section: 9 Params, 2 General-Purpose Oscillators, 1 Formant Oscillator
- Mix Section: 8 Params including Delay Amount and Pulse Width
- Envelope Section: Amplitude and Shaper Envelopes; fully visualized and interactive ADSR plus special Fade Param
- Delay/Filter Section: Stereo delay with loss modeling and a punchy overdriven analog-style filter
- 3 LFOs: More flexible than your average LFO, this has 4 waveforms, optional delay and repeat count, and can go into the audible frequency range
Phase84 is brought to you by Retronyms, pioneers of music production, performance, and expression on multitouch platforms. Retronyms is dedicated to making powerful tools that enable people to create, share, and engage through music and technology.
Need help? We’ll answer any question you have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 😊