Today Klevgränd released Syndt - Polyphonic Synthesizer. This AUv3 synth offers morphing waveforms, with alternating pulse width, both of which can be modulated! All of this will make your CPU grunt, so an iPad Air 2 or later is recommended if you're going to get very polyphonic with this polyphonic synth.
Syndt ships with 70 presets, and a weird demo video! The app is also on an introductory sale.
Syndt - Polyphonic Synthesizer iTunes Description:OBS! The price is introductionary and (~37.5% off) and will be changed in a couple of days.
Syndt is a high quality polyphonic synthesizer with a lot of possibilities. The oscillator waveform can be morphed between pure sine to pure square and supports alternation of pulse width. Both the shape and pulse width can be modulated by two independent LFOs. Finetuned low pass and high pass filters combined with a separate filter attack setting (optionally based on velocity) makes possibilities to create some raw and interesting sounds.
The additional LFO can be shaped exactly as the oscillator, and optionally controls filters, gain and pitch (using a modulation wheel or just automatcally). This LFO can be synchronized to a AUv3 host.
Globally there’s a nice stereo chorus, ping pong stereo delay (that also can sync to a AUv3 hosts bpm) and EQ.
* AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
* 70 professionally made presets
* XY pad based oscillator and LFO (PWM on the X axis and morphs between sine and square on the Y axis)
* Independent mini-LFO (sine only) for each axis of the oscillator XY-pad.
* LP / HP filter with resonance
* LP Filter can be velocity sensitive
* LP Filter has an optional attack time
* LFO can affect LP filter, HP filter, gain level and pitch
* LFO has an optional attack time
* LFO can be syncronized with an AUv3 host (AUv3 mode only!)
* Ping pong stereo delay (optionally syncs to host)
* Stereo Chorus
* Three band EQ
* Legato mode with glide speed parameter
* Pitch bend range
Important: Syndt in stand-alone mode does not support IAA or MIDI. You can try it out using the keyboard at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Syndt with AUv3 compatible hosts.
OBS! Syndt oversamples the signal and uses sophisticated DSP features which makes it consume quite some CPU. An iPad AIR 2 or better is recommended if you’re planning to use many voices simultaneously.
A full documentation is available at https://klevgrand.se/products/syndt
Feedback or suggestions? Drop us a mail: support(at)klevgrand.se or @klevgrand on Twitter
Synth Anatomy has posted a demo of his favorite presets, and here is the charmingly weird official promo.