Developer Pier Lim has released TF8 Synth for iPhone. Unlike his previous FM Synthesis app TF7, TF8 is using subtractive, or Virtual Analog, synthesis. TF8 arrives with Audiobus, Ableton Link, and both MIDI In and MIDI Out! The app is free to try, and until the end of March it is only $3 to unlock.
TF8 Synth iTunes Description:TF8 Synth is a professional virtual analog synthesiser that melds superior synthesis algorithms with iOS technologies.
It is built with usability in mind, for live playing and for recording.
Features (with Purchase of Pro Pack) :
- 2 Main Oscillators (Saw, Square, Sine, Triangle and the coveted Roland-inspired Supersaw)
- 2 Sub Oscillators for each oscillator to give that added extra oomph
- 2 State of the art pure sounding filters, which can be used in series or parallel
- 2 LFOs for modulating almost any parameter in the synth
- 1 ADSR Envelope for the synth output
- 1 ADSR Envelope for controlling the filter cutoff frequencies
- 10 powerful effects comprising of Compressor, Distortion, Stereo Delay, Stereo Reverb, Reverse Delay, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Quad-Phase Phaser, Tube Distortion and Equalizer and Unison.
- Arpeggiator, time-step, velocity, gate with plenty of fun arpeggio patterns.
- Audiobus and Inter-app Audio for inter-app operability.
- Ableton Link can be used to sync arpeggiator and bpm-syncable effects.
- Midi controllers supported.
- Knobs are controllable via midi cc.
- Midi Out - use TF8 Synth as a midi controller!
From the deepest basses to the highest crystal bells, TF8 Synth sounds great, and is sure to be a worthy addition to your iOS music production arsenal. Best enjoyed with headphones.
There is a short promo video, but here I've embedded a video of Pier walking us through the Pro features.