Today VirSyn released ReSlice, which is their take on the performance sampler, a la Samplr. There are quite a lot of advanced features to be found in the app; including a polyrhythmic arpeggiator, 7 built-in effects, AUv3, Audiobus/Inter-app Audio, and support for AudioShare! ReSlice even arrives on sale!
ReSlice iTunes Description:Audio Slice Machine
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
### introductory offer for a limited time ###
• Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
• Edit slice positions.
• Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
• Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
• Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
• Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
• Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
• Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
• 8 pole analog Phaser
• Four line chorus
• Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• AUv3 AudioUnit
• Inter App Audio
• Audiobus 2 support with state saving.
• Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
• Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Share user presets.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
• MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
• Ableton Link compatible.
VirSyn has released a demo of the app that starts off silly, but is quite thorough with captions explaining it all.