DJ Player got a face-lift and a ton of new features in this major version update.
What's new in DJ Player v7:
- Redesigned user interface for new look and feel.
- Vertically controllable knobs.
- "BIG" alternative mixing interface.
- Secondary features for all faders (tap the fader body outside of the fader head).
- Easier looping workflow (similar to CDJ-2000).
- Beat/tempo/off/hidden sync modes instead of separate sync/quant.
- Effects simplified to 3 units per deck. 11 different effects available (two in FX 1 and FX 3, seven in FX 2).
- Almost all settings are reorganized into an easy interface inside the app.
- Super low device utilization, improved battery life and even lower jitter.
- Great smoothness, no GUI stuttering, 60 fps on every device from the iPhone 3GS and the first iPad.
- Bluetooth audio and AirPlay.
- New default MIDI mappings with tighter integration. Please remove the old mappings in iTunes File Sharing.
- Beamz laser controller support.
The following features were removed:
- Single deck mode, because few people used it. It was a huge amount of code and exceptions to maintain.
- NetOut WiFi audio transmission. It was too hard to set up and prevent dropouts. Bluetooth audio and AirPlay is supported now.
- The new graphics engine doesn't allow custom backgrounds yet due RAM issues, sorry.
Here's a little demo of the new version by Dj Hombre, using digital vinyl with the app.