Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
May 04, 2018
May 03, 2018
Dec 03, 2017
Nov 21, 2017
Jun 24, 2017
Feb 08, 2017
Jan 07, 2017
Jan 05, 2017
Dec 20, 2016
Dec 03, 2016
Nov 25, 2016
Oct 29, 2016
Sep 09, 2016
Aug 28, 2016
Dec 01, 2015
Nov 26, 2015
Sep 11, 2015
Jan 24, 2015
Jan 13, 2015
Jan 02, 2015
Other apps by Christian Schoenebec...
iTunes Description:Oriental Strings is a professional sound module app for oriental keyboard players and for musicians who simply want to resemble the typical sound of the Orient and Middle East in their songs. Connect an external MIDI keyboard to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by using Bluetooth MIDI or by using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple, or launch Oriental Strings as virtual instrument directly within your favourite DAW app on your iOS device!¹
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports "Audio Unit", "Audiobus" and Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, as well as Bluetooth LE MIDI !
The sounds of Oriental Strings were exclusively recorded with players who are professionally dedicated to oriental style of music. Typical string instrument sounds for the Arabian genre are covered by this app. Besides rather exotic instruments like the Chinese erhu, typical western string instruments were used as well, but since the players of the recording sessions are focused on oriental music, those western instruments sound completely different than you might be used to from western orchestra players.
The sounds of this app were once again created by Kurt Ader, winner of the NAMM 2015 "Best Sound Designer of the Year" award.
32 Sounds are included with this App:
• Chinese Erhu 1 - 3
• Chinese Erhu Trill
• Turkish Strings 1 - 4
• Arabian Strings 1 - 3
• Tremolo Strings 1 - 5
• Spiccato Strings
• Oriental Spiccato Strings
• Oriental String Quartet 1 - 3
• Oriental Staccato Strings
• Arabian Solo Strings 1 - 3
• String Quartet
• Oriental String Ensemble 1 - 5
• Slow Oriental Strings
There is no in-app purchase in this app. So all sounds and all app features are immediately available to you as one buy.
• Sounds based on high quality stereo sample set.
• Master Tune & Scale Tuning (including factory presets for common Arabian & Turkish scales).
• Low latency disk streaming.
• Configurable audio latency down to 1 ms.
• Polyphony up to several hundred stereo voices.²
• Integrated effects with 18 presets.
• 16 parts.
• App States: Save app's entire state as user presets.
• MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard.
• App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
• Audio Unit plugin version of this app, to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps.
• Audiobus support.
• Supports Apple's "IAA" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps.
• Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
• Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
• Share your songs easily as audio file.
• Unlimited amount of tracks.
• Configurable target MIDI channel per track.
• Unlimited recording and playback length.
• Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
• Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
• Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
• Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
¹ For more information about adapters and connecting external MIDI keyboards: https://doc.crudebyte.com/iOS/External_MIDI_devices/
² Some sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
What's new in v2.0This major update of Oriental Strings introduces several new features, most notably:
• Introduces "App States".
• Introduces full screen sound selection with interactive search filter options.
• Improved tuning dialog with master tune and factory presets (including common Arabian and Turkish scales).
• Adds extended features to the virtual on-screen piano keyboard.
• Adds optional MIDI device configuration screen.
• Latency down to 1ms now available.
As well as a number of software corrections, most notably:
• Audio Unit: Addresses audio export ("offline rendering") issue (introduced by iOS 11).¹
• Inter-App Audio / Audiobus: Fixes crash which could happen (with iOS 11) when the app was launched from either Audiobus or as IAA from a third-party DAW app.
• Fixes touch latency of 1s on virtual on-screen piano keyboard (introduced by iOS 11).
• Fixes issue with manual polyphony and latency settings.
• Numerous other minor UI corrections.
Please note that we had to raise the minimum requirement to at least iOS 9.3 due to new software features we use. However the App Store still offers you an older version of Oriental Strings for devices running an older version of iOS.
¹ Requires at least iOS 11.3 and also an update of your DAW app to be resolved. For more details about this issue: https://doc.crudebyte.com/iOS/Technical-Notes/Audio_Unit_Issue_219DE61/