Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Mar 04, 2018
Mar 03, 2018
Feb 27, 2018
Feb 21, 2018
Feb 02, 2018
Jan 09, 2018
Jan 02, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
New App: $0.0, v1.0.1
Dec 07, 2017
iTunes Description:Beautiful Free iPad instrument featuring the classic sounds of famous 80s FM Synthesizers.
"BEST FREE APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
"BEST iOS APPS – 2017" - Audio News Room (ANR)
We are all volunteers and this was a labor of love, we have spent months lovingly crafting and sampling the sounds.
• Faithful recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• Over 65+ presets included, completely free!
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Low-pass Filter: Cutoff, Rez, and Filter LFO
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• Attack/Release envelopes
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• Audiobus 3 support. Use these amazing sounds w/ other apps that support AB3 audio & midi. We love Audiobus!
• Basic Inter-App Audio (IAA) integration to work with GarageBand.
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is intended to be a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The IAA integration is very basic. Thank you. The app does NOT work well with iOS DAWs like Cubasis. We are working on future apps that will work better in DAWs using AUv3.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
"I love the sound of it. FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"Sounds FANTASTIC! Did I mention it's free?"
"Famous DX7 sounds with such clarity... this app captures the magic of the DX7."
- Power DX7 YouTube Channel
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out.
• BONUS: All features included Free. Plus, it's Ad Free!
• Official Video:
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
• Free and open-source, if you like the app, please support it by telling your friends and other musicians. And, leaving great reviews in the App Store! It's quick and helps inspire us to make more apps!
What's new in v1.1.4We're working on AudioKit Synth One right now. Synth One will be the first professional level, completely free iPad synth in history. After that is complete, we will turn our attention to FM Player 2: Classic DXII. It will be a FREE upgrade for you as a thank you. It will include some amazing new features: Dual layers, Keyboard Splits, Stereo Phaser, and 100+ total free sounds. Please continue to tell your friends about FM Player. The more people like it, the more motivated we are to upgrade and make these new free apps for you. Thanks!
V1.1.4: New warm tube-drive algorithm. The "Overdrive" knob gives you some nice crunch. Turn it up halfway, and turn on the Auto Panner for a nice "Rotary Speaker" effect. It adds character while retaining the sonic characteristics of the source tone. This is great for a nice, vintage EP drive. BTW, thanks for all the emails. We are still working on FM Player, and have many more free upgrades planned... Stay tuned! And, please tell your friends! :) You can reach me directly at email@example.com
Includes all the v1.1 stuff: ATTACK & RELEASE knobs. Plus, beautiful new MIDI velocity handling. Why so much attention to detail? You're a musician who cares about sound quality. This free update gives you a dramatic increase in realism while playing with a MIDI keyboard. Please leave a good review, We're still working on FM Player. We think you are all GREAT and we appreciate all your kind words! <3.
• We spent weeks coming up with beautiful velocity curves individually tailored to each sound. This was done with code. Meaning, we did not increase the storage space!
• Better MIDI keyboard velocity. Each preset has a unique velocity response, inspired by the original hardware.
• We found that Attack/Release controls are the most useful envelopes for a sample-based instrument like FM Player. Turn up the Release knob all the way for beautiful and floating sounds.
• We updated the GitHub source-code repo with these new Attack/Release controls. Plus, there is a new programming tutorial video on our website, audiokitpro.com
• We are all volunteers, working hard for you. We do not get paid anything. And, we make FM Player free so musicians all over the world can enjoy it!
You can reach a real person at firstname.lastname@example.org. We care about you and will read every email personally!
We are working on a free Synth app that you will love. And, we are working on making FM Player more power efficient. Plus, other improvements you have emailed. In the meantime, it might be best to completely close FM Player when you are not using it to save battery use. We appreciate your patience with us as we figure this out. <3
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!