Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
Feb 02, 2018
Jan 09, 2018
Jan 02, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
New App: $0.0, v1.0.1
Dec 07, 2017
iTunes Description:Beautiful Free iPad instrument featuring the classic sounds of famous 80s FM Synthesizers.
"BEST FREE APPS OF 2017" - Electronic Musician Magazine
"BEST iOS APPS – 2017" - Audio News Room (ANR)
We are all volunteers and this was a labor of love, we have spent months lovingly crafting and sampling the sounds.
• Faithful recordings of famous classic presets from original retro 80s FM Synthesizers
• Over 65+ presets included, completely free!
• Beautiful Reverb, Auto Pan, Bit Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more!
• MIDI in (Play with a MIDI Keyboard)
• Low-pass Filter: Cutoff, Rez, and Filter LFO
• Analog Tape Style Ping-Pong Delay
• GREAT for playing Live with a Keyboard: MIDI Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Program Change, Velocity sensitive sounds, and Sustain Pedal support already added
• Audiobus 3 support. Use these amazing sounds w/ other apps that support AB3 audio & midi. We love Audiobus!
• Basic Inter-App Audio (IAA) integration to work with GarageBand.
• All Knobs have MIDI Learn!
NOTE: This app is intended to be a live instrument controlled with a MIDI Keyboard. The IAA integration is very basic. Thank you. The app does NOT work well with iOS DAWs like Cubasis. We are working on future apps that will work better in DAWs using AUv3.
“Sounds LUSH and Awesome!”
– The Sound Test Room
“Presets sound authentically like the original hardware”
– Electronic Musician Magazine
"I love the sound of it. FM Player proves the iPad can be a great sounding, viable synth."
"Sounds FANTASTIC! Did I mention it's free?"
"Famous DX7 sounds with such clarity... this app captures the magic of the DX7."
- Power DX7 YouTube Channel
"The sound quality is incredible! Absolutely amazing!"
- IOSoundDesign, AudioBus Forum
"Truly sounds like the real deal! DX7 is all about the EPs for me...and this one nails it!" - David A., AudioBus Forum
"So crisp and clean. I had a few 80/90’s flashbacks on some of those presets. Very cool!" – Eros, AudioBus Forum
+ We are all volunteers, we do not get paid anything to make this app. We would be humbled if you checked it out.
• BONUS: All features included Free. Plus, it's Ad Free!
• Official Video:
• Source Code to make your own app available free: http://audiokitpro.com/fmplayer
• Free and open-source, if you like the app, please support it by telling your friends and other musicians. And, leaving great reviews in the App Store! It's quick and helps inspire us to make more apps!
What's new in v1.0.6NEW Preset Panel screen. You can now rename, favorite, re-order, import & export presets, and more. You are all awesome. We are still working on FM Player. Please note that we are all free volunteers and doing the best we can. You can help by sharing FM Player on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus, if you give this app a great review in the app store it helps spread the word! You are all amazing for supporting free and open-source apps- Thank you!
+ Favorite/star presets
+ Import & Export Presets to DropBox, iCloud, Email and more
+ Restore Factory Presets
+ Duplicate Preset
+ Rename Presets
+ Delete Presets
+ Re-arrange Preset Order
+ Change the description text on presets
(Click on the preset info text on the right-hand side of the Preset Panel). Don't forget to save the preset if you like your new text.
+ Browse presets while playing the onscreen keyboard
If you make a cool preset, email it to us: email@example.com
Please send all bugs/suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. We care about you and will read every email personally!
Btw, Earlier this month we released 600+ MB of FREE Toy Keyboard samples. You can grab them on our website: audiokitpro.com/free-toy-casio-loops/
We are working on making FM Player more power efficient and other improvements you have emailed and commented on. In the meantime, it might be best to completely close FM Player when you are not using it to save battery use. We appreciate your patience with us as we figure this out. <3
Please note that we all are volunteers. AudioKit does not have any sponsors or investors. We are all musician/developers who love making apps. Any help spreading the word about this app would be appreciated. The more people that know about the apps, the more musicians can enjoy them! Thank you!