Discchord Reader Rating: Needs Votes
This app has not been categorized.
iTunes Description:V-Drum your own music videos! 20 reactive video filters respond to your MIDI drumming live as you play. Each kit piece (kick, snare, hats, cymbals, toms) controls a different aspect of the filter to generate beat synced visual effects. Mix in backing tracks from your iTunes library to jam to. Includes 7 sampled drum kits mapped to work with Roland’s TD-1 drum set, or use your own audio input.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. Connect MIDI drum source (e.g. Roland TD-1 drum set, iOS MIDI apps, or DAW via network MIDI).
2. Select backing track, drum kit sounds, adjust mixer settings for optimum audio sweetness.
3. Press big red button to RECORD video.
4. Make your most melted rock star faces and lay down sick beats to generate funky video effects!
5. Press big red button to STOP and save to camera roll.
You can also connect other MIDI compatible iOS apps such as Patterning, or even a network MIDI session with your computer DAW e.g. Logic Pro X for detailed programming like selecting different filters with MIDI program change events. This way you can make a funner-than-usual video of your singing or instrumentals even if you don't play drums.
Note for TD-1 or other wired USB MIDI instruments you also need a USB to lighting connector such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit.
The filters are:
- Comic book
- Cat barf
- Digi glitch
- Low poly
- Old TV
What's new in v1.1Added 5 more filters: comic book, halftone, tritone, pyrotechnics and swirly.
New option to arm recording and then wait for a midi note to start recording.