Discchord Reader Rating: Not Enough Votes
Please login or register to rate apps.
iTunes Description:Note: Troublemaker requires iPad 4/Mini 2/iPhone 5S/iPod Touch 6 or higher
Here's what the reviews say:
"Perfect for on the move acid sessions, the Trouble Maker app faithfully recreates the sound of the original TB-303" - DJ Mag
"If you want to make the bassline from Josh Wink’s ‘Higher State of Consciousness’ on the bus, this is the app for the job" - Factmag.com
"Top-notch stuff from a developer that just keeps getting better" - Musicappblog.com
"This app has been consuming all of my time this week! Love it!" - Discchord.com
Introducing Troublemaker: this is not a 303
The legendary TB-303 has magical properties; it is filled to the brim with analog shimmer. Its output jack is a gateway to a parallel universe and when you twiddle the filter knobs an army of highly trained pixies chisel the square waves from freshly harvested unicorn souls. So if you want a TB-303, you should buy a TB-303. But if you're after *that sound* Troublemaker will give you everything you need in spades.
Troublemaker sports a carefully crafted diode filter emulation and among the available oscillators are the typical raspy, nasal sawtooth and rubbery squarewave with its oddball shape and shifting pulsewidth.
It also has the wow.
Troublemaker is fully Audio Unit (AUv3) compatible, so you can go wild running multiple instances in your favorite DAWs.
It also has:
- Ableton Link synchronization,
- MIDI CC controllers for all knobs,
- Core Midi, Virtual Midi, Bluetooth Midi input,
- MIDI Clock Sync, MIDI Start / Stop support
- Realtime Mutation Probability Engine
- Audiobus support
- Exports MID and WAV files from the standalone sequencer
- User manual and MIDI charts on ruismaker.com
And unlike the TB-303, it can actually sound like a bass guitar ;-)
What's new in v1.1.3Thanks for the great feedback and response to Troublemaker!
New in this minor update:
- "Skip Step Chance" setting in the Mutation Engine
- All 4 items in the Mutation Engine controllable via MIDI CC
- Minor UI tweaks on iPhone version.