What's new in csGrain v1.4:- Full 64-bit Support
- Enhanced Granular Processing
- Full DropBox Integration
- AudioBus 2 Support
- Update to Csound 6.08
- Updated Manual, Links
- UI Updates
- iTunes Import Support
- "Open In…" Support
- Numerous Bug Fixes, Improvements, Optimizations
- iOS 10 Ready
- Audio Copy/Paste Update
The developers of CHAiOS SYNTH 2 released Stravinski, a new melody generator, "based on scientific research in the field of music psychology." I'm not sure about all of that, but it seems straightforward! Pick a key, set your complexity, and hit play. It features Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support, but falls flat without MIDI Output; so you're stuck with the built-in instruments.
Stravinski iTunes Description:"Stravinski" is a melody generator that creates eight-bar piano melodies with adjustable complexity. The algorithm is based on scientific research in the field of music psychology. It is developed by the team behind "CHAiOS SYNTH 2".
Workflow: set the complexity to your preferred level, press "generate", then "play". That's it. Hit "settings" to set tempo and key, or toggle the drum tracks on/off.
Of cause "Stravinski" supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio.
Have fun and get inspired by this next-gen melody algorithm!
This could be awesome with MIDI out! The demo does a good job of showing off how the complexity knob effects the results, as well as how plain the piano samples sound.
Today Reactable Systems SL unveiled an entirely new iPhone app, STEPS. This MIDI sequencer promises complex rhythmic patterns through experimentation with dials. The app launches with Ableton Link support and a Virtual MIDI port, as well as utilizing the headphone jack on iPhones (where available) to sync Korg Volcas and Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators. Unfortunately it arrives without a demo video.
STEPS iTunes Description:Steps by Reactable is a small yet powerful MIDI sequencer that allows you to create complex rhythmic patterns in a surprising new way. Forget piano rolls and experiment with Steps’ inspiring dials. With Steps you can control any MIDI compatible app, send MIDI over network to your laptop or any other compatible device, and even synchronize external hardware analog synths such as Korg Volcas or Pocket Operators via an audio cable.
- Plug and play MIDI-out system automatically sends to all available MIDI input ports and our own virtual port.
- Connect your iDevice with an external MIDI interface and control MIDI hardware.
- Synchronize external hardware synths such as Korg Volca or Pocket operators via the audio output.
- A carefully designed user interface that allows you to quickly switch between performance to editing mode.
- Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
- Global Swing function (50% - 75%) - applied automatically to eight and sixteenth notes.
- Save and recall sequences, seamlessly during playback.
- Global bpm control ranging from 20 to 999 BPM.
- Global Gate level allows global control of note duration.
- Global MIDI velocity control.
- Global Glide function applies pitch bend to small distances between adjacent steps (if the synth being controlled supports pitch bend).
- Global transpose ribbon allows for easy transposition of the entire pattern.
- Step pitch preview function (available while transport is stopped).
Maestro Jordan Rudess is seriously shredding in his GeoShred app with the help of Looperverse.
Looperverse allows for very flexible looping. Here is an experiment using GeoShred as an Inter App Audio instrument within Looperverse on my iPad.
Check out this, and all my other featured apps at http://www.jordanrudess.com/featured-...
YouTuber Andrew Huang has had difficulties integrating apps into his Ableton workflow. In his latest video Andrew tries to bring them in to the Ableton Live arrangement with a fun attitude. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to troll the iOS community that hard with the video title.
Follow me on Instagram for giveaways all month! http://instagram.com/andrewismusic
Subscribe for constant music weirdness → http://bit.ly/subscribetoandrewhuang
Support me on Patreon: http://patreon.com/andrewhuang
★ WATCH MORE ★
More music using only one app:
★ FOLLOW ME HERE ★