Bucephalus is a deceptively priced Universal iOS app that uses the physics of elasticity and gravity to generate notes.
Create unique sounds with this instrument utilising the power of elastic spheres! Five ball sizes have unique collision sounds and individual resonant tones for each wall of the screen.
- Custom designed three stage, four parameter chamber reverb
- Two parameter custom distortion
- Three filter types with adjustable Q and cutoff frequency
- Save states
- Variable elasticity, gravity and resonance
- User defined resonance settings with Major7, Minor7, Dominant7, Semitone, Wholetone and Pentatonic arpeggios and variable detuning for microtonal effects
It is free but, as the only iTunes review notes, doing anything in the app will cause it to pop-up with a $5 In-App Purchase. Seriously, the first thing I tapped resulted in the pop-up in the screenshot here.
There is a lengthy demo video available from the developer, but the volume becomes painfully loud at parts.