Moog's Amos Gaynes recorded a demo of the new features in Animoog 2.0. He put the 4 Track recorder to good use and was so happy with the results he posted the sound track to his personal SoundCloud page, embedded below.
Gestrument got a new Audiobus demo. The second half of this is particularly wild, but be ready to lower your volume!
Fill out the form below to be entered for a chance to win. Submissions end around 11pm (GMT) tonight. Ashley Elsdon, from Palm Sounds, will select the winners at random.
DigiEnsemble Berlin is back with a new rendition of Bach's Christmas Oratorio with music apps!
This piece, together with singer Tobias Berndt, is a culmination of DigiEnsemble Berlin's hard work over the last two years. Their mission is exactly what this site and community is all about: "Finding out what mobile music could sound like."
DigiEnsemble, headed by Matthias Krebs, worked closely with experts like music professors from the Berlin University of the Arts. These experts were consulted to optimize the musical adaption and musical interpretation of Bach's Christmas Oratorio, to be played on apps.
Matthias emailed me this video with the following note:
"Thank you for your great support. The video is a big gift to all people who are interested in the invention of mobile music making (I call it appmusic.)"
You're welcome, Matthias, and thank you for your hard work! I like his term appmusic, over mobile music. Appmusic sounds like a more serious use of apps in music production, rather than when were are merely mobile and screwing around on the subway.
Enjoy this very modern performance of a true classic.
CrossDJ turns your iPhone into a complete DJ system. Mix tracks in perfect sync, add effects, loops and much more. Building on MixVibes’ 10 years of expertise, we made our app easy to use for music lovers, and powerful for experienced DJs. Achieve the same level of performance as with real decks!
- Unlimited play time, no commercials
- Direct access to your iPhone iTunes library
- Sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
- Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
- Slip mode loops
- 6 hot cues per track
- 2 effect pads (Low-Pass filter, Delay and Flanger)
- Parallel waveforms and track overview display
- Needle search through the track
- Accurate BPM detection and sync engine
- Beat grid adjustment
- Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader and level meters
- Compatibility with most Bluetooth receivers for cable-free mixing
Premium Features ($2.99 IAP):
- 11 additional effects (Hi-Pass filter, Echo, Phaser, X-Phaser, Jet, Cut, Chopper, Crush, Bliss, Brake, Roll)
- Split output function for headphones monitoring or external mixer mode (channel A and B are routed to different outputs)*
- Advanced preferences (Cross-fader cut, pitch bend value, sync mode, limiter)
* Requires MixVibes’ DJ CABLE