Opificio Sonico has started a video series for their Toa Mata Band, a collection of toy robots controlled by Arduinos and apps!
Several interesting new additions to Audiobus arrived today! I'm especially excited to see Beat Shuffler was updated with Audiobus!
Reader Simon wrote in with news about Peter Vogel CMI, the app formerly known as Fairlight CMI. In addition to Audiobus support, which is also available in the $10 version, Peter Vogel announced a new contest for $1,000 cash!
$1000 ‘CMI on the Bus’ Competition
To celebrate the release of the Audiobus-capable version of the CMI App, Peter Vogel Instruments presents the “CMI on the Bus” competition.
To enter the competition, create a video and upload it to YouTube. The video must include at least:
• Music composed by you and performed on the CMI app using Audiobus. It can use a sequence or live playing or both.
• Footage of you using the app on a bus of your choice.
You are encouraged to include some explanation or exposition of the creative process on your YouTube posting. Collaboration with other musicians is also a plus.
Entries must be submitted by 17:00 (AEST), 30th April, 2013. The winner will be a Peter Vogel Instruments staff choice, but comments posted under the YouTube videos will be taken into account. The top three entrants will also receive some great PVI merchandise.
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Complete the entry form on the official website.
- Enter the link to your video in the form where indicated
- Allow up to 48 hours for your entry to appear on this page
- Entries close 12:00 (AEST), 30th April, 2013
$1,000 cash is nice and all, but I'm so happy about the Beat Shuffler news! This is a fun app that even pulled me away from stuffing myself on Thanksgiving to do this review.
MIDI Designer received a nice big update today, including the official Antares/Peavey AT-200 layout we saw at NAMM.
What's new in 1.5:
This update moves the best MIDI controller even further ahead. 1.5.0 is an even blend between new features and defect fixes. Some of the new features:
- Piano-key shapes for designing keyboards
- Layer controls front-to-back
- Mail and open individual pages from other apps
- Activate presets and change page banks from controls
- Always-lit display option for buttons
- Improved performance on outgoing MIDI messages
- New: Panic Button
- MIDI Designer comes with the official Antares/Peavey AT-200 Layout included
For a complete list of all the defect fixes and new enhancements, please see midiDR.com/changelog.
This update is not yet available for the Lite version. Here's a tutorial of the 1.5 features from developer Dan Rosenstark.
Club 15CC has released an update for their Sound Wand MIDI app, along with a new demo video.
What's new in 1.0.2
- Settings styles bug fixed
- MIDI Pitch Bend option in addition to CC's for device angles
- Better Wifi MIDI connection notification (still not perfect but we're nearly there)