Tuesday, October 16, 2012 by Tim Webb
AudioShare, from BitWiz developer Jonatan Liljedahl just got another big update!
- Select and move or delete multiple items
- Double-tap PLAY button to loop
- Add fast preview buttons in the library
- Enable background audio
- New recorder screen with level meters
- Automatically Normalize recordings
- Add Tools menu with Normalize and Convert to LPCM
(if not already 16/44.1k WAV)
- Improved sharpness of icons and symbols
- Fix speaker routing problem on iPhone
- Allow other apps to export audio into AudioShare
(SDK will be made available soon)
- Misc tweaks and improvements
The inclusion of background audio is a nice precursor to Audiobus support, when that SDK becomes available. Speaking of SDKs, there is some interesting news nested here about AudioShare offering its own for direct importing.
Now that AudioShare supports Sonoma's ACP and Intua's Pasteboard, I guess Jonatan was looking for a challenge and decided to start his own format as well!
Update: Well that was fast, the AudioShare SDK just came out! As Jonatan mentions in the comments here, it is going to allow other apps to transfer their files directly into AudioShare without manually copying and pasting. Implementation is supposed to be very easy, "With one line of code!"