A whole bunch of apps have gone on sale today, including GyroSynth from Sunrizer developer Beep Street! This is an interesting gesture-based synth, which will be getting Audiobus support very soon. I've been playing with it in beta. I don't usually go in for waggling my iDevices all over, but on the iPhone GyroSynth is a lot of fun.
Following the last MultiTrack DAW update, which brought us Audiobus, today Harmonicdog has brought some additional changes.
What's new in 3.2.2:
- New SoundCloud upload form.
- Projects with 8 or less tracks are now Uncached, for filespace savings.
- Max song length increased to 120 minutes for cached projects, and 300 minutes for uncached projects.
- Zoom out now holds 200 seconds per screen width.
- Increased screen width for iPhone 5 displays.
- New easy to read Input Sources lists all mono, stereo, and audiobus sources for each track.
The latest Grain Science update has added Audiobus support!
Grain Science is still my favorite way to play with granular synthesis on the iPad, because it isn't trying to be "experimental" or weird. It is just a solid synth that happens to do granular.
The ability to run this into some of the Audiobus enabled samplers opens up a world of possiblities.
What's new in 1.4:
Introducing Audiobus support — now you can stream live audio directly from Grain Science to other Audiobus-compatible apps!
It's Day 21 in Russia, so Alexander Zolotov has put SunVox on sale slightly ahead of schedule!
This is a one day only sale, and one of very few for this long running app! I don't much care for the tracker style of sequencing, but I love the synthesis in here. Just plug in a MIDI keyboard and you'll lose hours in its modular structure!
This month's preset contest was a huge success! We have a collection of 21 presets, so I talked to Beep Street about adding it to the in-app download library.
It is there now! You can download the community preset pack from right inside of Sunrizer! This is unfortunately only available on the iPad version of Sunrizer, because some of the presets are incompatible with SunrizerXS for iPhone. Make sure you have the latest update to Sunrizer, in order to see the new pack listed.
- In Sunrizer tap on the center-top display that shows the current preset.
- Hit the Banks button in the top right of the menu that pops-up
- In the bottom right of the Banks menu is a Web Library button.
- From there you should see a list like the one pictured here.
- Tap on the Jingle Bells name and it will ask if you want to install the bank.
This is a great honor and I'm seriously so proud of this community right now! These are all great, and some of them are quite dark. As Sunrizer's developer Jaroslaw Jacek mentioned to me, they sound appropriate for The Last Christmas!
Everyone who participated this month will be receiving a nice big bunch of preset presents from Sunsine Audio! Thanks Sunsine!
- 15 new exclusive Sunrizer (or XS) presets
- 16 exclusive samples in .wav and Beatmaker format
- A full copy of Sinerise Vol. 2!
You can listen to our community presets here on the SoundCloud page. Embedded below are 9 of them selected at random, because SoundCloud won't let me embed a full list of them all. Thank you very much to everyone who participated!