YouTuber iMidi Man is the Man In the Mirror on this Garagband cover of the Michael Jackson classic.
He's produced a fairly interesting video, showing off his gear and production, rather than a static image of Garageband.
DM1 Drum Machine has been updated with Audiobus support!
The update is now available for both the iPhone and iPad versions.
This was an excellent excuse for me to revisit the app. I am still impressed by the quality of the samples in here! It is nice to be able to make more meaningful use of them now, without having to fuck around with AudioCopy.
Although DM1 won't take a MIDI Clock sync, it will listen to MIDI Clock Start/Stop sent to the MIDI Network Session, so you can sort of sync it up with other apps using something like Genome to start everything.
Wolfgang Palm has released the second part of his PPG WaveMapper Show & Tell series. It will be available next month for $20.
Reader Hoyas79 let me know that MINT.io has removed the "Premium Upgrade" IAP in the latest update. Previously it was a free app, but to unlock all of the features you had to cough up $5. Now the IAP is gone and the app is just $5 as a flat fee.
This is great news for everyone who had previously installed the app, when it was free, because you've automatically been upgraded with access to the full thing!
What's new in 1.1:
- MIDI record along with .WAV
- Hardware MIDI support (no virtual MIDI yet)
- Background play supported (while audio is running)
- Select FX matrix, new FX: Phaser
- Global Load / Save Session (16 Slots)
- Fixed bug with some .WAV files not playing
- Improved "Slide" Function in Synth
- Replaced 6 instruments in Vibes
- Additional bugfixes
- No "Premium mode" (the app is now paid-only)