Music App Blog's John Walden did a nice and concise review of the features in Propellerhead's Thor synth.
IK Multimedia's other guitar amp modeling and effects suite is on sale now for 75% off! Today is the first time in nearly a year that the price has been this low. Thanks to reader Matt Newby for this news!
Future Audio's AD 480 Acoustic Designer is a Universal reverb app, released with full Audiobus support so you can add it to anything. It comes in three flavors, including a free version to try it out. Thanks to reader Florent Roux for this news!
AD 480 Pro iTunes Description:
The AD 480 pro is the first professional reverb app for your iDevice. Use it to put your music into any acoustic space you can imagine. Do you always wanted to sing in a cathedral or play guitar on a theater stage? Or do you want to give your recordings the professional acoustic touch? You are musician, DJ, producer, technician or just interested in a good sound for your music? The AD 480 pro is the solution!
The convenient user interface offers infinite options for sound manipulation. The AD 480 pro is designed for professional use in the studio, on stage or in the rehearsal room, as well as for all users and music lovers at home or on the road.
- professional reverb sound effect with variable room size
- 108 beautiful hand crafted presets
- professional preset management for MIDI, audio and reverb settings
- extensive filter layout for a wide spectrum of sound
- supports internal and external (USB class compliant or MFi) audio interfaces
- routing matrix, which supports up to 24 input and 24 output channels
- full Audiobus integration (input, filter and output position)
- supports full MIDI communication via network and USB-MIDI interfaces, as well as inter-app MIDI
- supports sample rates of 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz
- latencies from 64 samples
- special low-light mode for live use on stage ("stage mode", iPad only)
- background audio for multitasking with other apps
- from iPad 2, iPod touch 5G, iPhone 4S
The key differences between the versions seems to be that the Free version just let's you try it out without changing anything, the Basic let's you play with the reverb parameters to shape your own sound, and the Pro "gives you everything you need to create the music you want" whatever that means. No video or audio demo yet, and searching "AD 480" on YouTube just gets you a load of commercials in 480p. They do have a slick website with references to drug use, and an interview with the CEO in German.
Harmony Voice, Drum On, and AmpliTube Fender all got Audiobus updates today! Drum On is still free right now!
What's new in Harmony Voice v2.0:
- Audiobus compatible
- iPhone 5 graphics
- Completely revised Harmony Algorithm
What's new in Drum On v1.1:
- Audiobus Supported
- Several Performance Optimization
- Minor Bugs Fixed
What's new in AmpliTube Fender (all versions):
- Audiobus compatibility
- AutoFreeze feature for multitrack
- Preroll function
- New Global Menu
VirSyn also released this little video to demonstrate Harmony Voice with Audiobus, which can be used as an Audiobus Effect.