Vestex's latest DJ controller for iOS is nearly here! Mike Clarke from Vestax UK stopped by DJWorx to show it off.
Vestex Spin2 should be available next month for US$399 / €379 / £299.
Dulcidelic hooked up his Roland Handsonic, a percussion MIDI instrument, to his iPad running Sample Tank. The results are amazing! I am totally blown away by how beautiful this is considering he's playing it with a percussive instrument. It is also quite loud, and he clips the hell out of the camera mic, but the bits you can hear are full of rich dynamics and articulation.
Michael Eskin is going through his back catalog and doing demo videos for all of his old apps. This one for iJammer caught my attention. These hexagonal harmonic keyboards are pretty interesting, and this one does MIDI!
The demo is for version 2.0, and it was recently pulled from iTunes, so Michael is just teasing us until that comes out.
(This link should work when it is available again.)
IK Multimedia has released iGrand for iPhone, an app dedicated to multilayered piano samples for iPad.
If you're looking for them, the iPad versions were released last month.
Turn your iPad into the ultimate piano instrument with an extraordinary collection of ultra-realistic acoustic piano instruments along with built-in recording!
Earache is a new free ear trainer with a twist! It will give you an earache...
After a while you will get an earache after using this app.
But in the meantime you can practice ear training by listening to and naming intervals in an arcade game style setting! (well don't expect much on the arcade game front actually).Includes modes for:
- Playing against the clock: see how many intervals you can name in 1 minute
- Playing for accuracy: out of 30 guesses how many can you name correctly
- free play - just play, but also keeps score
- Help screen explains the different intervals
- Can set level, to start ear training on simple intervals first, like octaves and fifths.
- Can choose between using middle c as the first note of the interval or a random note (movable do, in solfege)