Reader Grain Bastard has a new industrial grainy jam on his MachineDrum, OP-1, and iPad with Samplr into AUFX: Dub.
Igor Vasiliev's Master Record was updated with SoundCloud sharing as well as new effect types!
What's new in Master Record v1.1:
- Added two additional flutter modes (detune).
- Additional mode to increase dynamic part of noise.
- New type of noise like vinyl records.
- Sharing files on SoundCloud web service (you will need free SoundCloud account).
- Dubbing into compressed formats FLAC, M4A, MP3.
- New option Normalize level of track at dubbing.
- Possibility to select recording (hardware) sample rate.
- Built-in description updated.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
Rheyne is trying out a different layout in this minimalist live looping jam on his coffee table.
Live looping with USB controllers, 2x iPads, and Ableton Live. All loops are recorded live, nothing was pre-recorded.
Download or stream the audio at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/19FiPjI
Lighting / Audio / Video:
- DJ TechTools MF3D controlling NI's Absynth
- KMI QuNexus controlling Kontakt 5 / The Giant (piano)
- KMI QuNeo controlling Kontakt 5 (drums)
- iPad running a custom Lemur template
- iPad running Lemur's "LiveControl 2.0"
- Macbook Pro running Ableton Live
- 2x Chauvet Slim Par 56 LED
- Zoom Q3HD (audio)
- Canon T3i DSLR (video)
What's new in Poly v1.1:
The Virtual MIDI upgrade now includes support for Wired and Network MIDI. The IAP has been renamed to just MIDI.• Added mute buttons for colour groups
• Audio is no longer disabled when connected via MIDI. There is an option to disable it instead.
• Added a master volume control on the left of the big circle.
• Added individual node pitching to the right of the big circle.
• Poly now restores the previous session when you reopen the app.
• Added an option to make the icons around the circle bigger.
• Added a second help screen and improved the original one.
• The sound selection menu now stays in the last used folder.
• Fixed a rare bug that caused crashes with imported audio.
• Fixed a bug that caused audio to stop after receiving a FaceTime call.
Synthway, a Brazilian blog about Subtractive Synths, posted a couple of great Sunrizer videos to YouTube. This one is my favorite of the two, but the other is worth checking out as well. I love his notes on the video, posted below.
Using Sunrizer for iPad by BeepStreet. Connected with CCK + UM-One MK2 (it works with the iPad!!) with the V-Synth GT. Audio recorded within the App.
This is one of the best software I've ever used. I'll let you guys make your own mind about it. The iPad is an amazing musical instrument, with a lot of professional Apps... and you also get to play games when not using it. :)