Sweetwater's continued commitment to the community is something I've applauded frequently here, and reward by buying all of my gear from them; without any referral relationship. Mitch Gallagher has brought us a lot of great videos over the last year, including demos of hardware no one else has access to and a look at apps that have been missed by myself and others. Thanks Mitch, and thank you Sweetwater!
This week's iOS Update looks at the new Line 6 Sonic Port guitar interface and the Line 6 Mobile POD companion app.
Both versions of Positive Grid's JamUp got a major update today, including 2 new amp models and effects packs.
Update: JamUp had to be pulled from the App Store due to a severe crashing bug with IAPs. A fix has been submitted to Apple.
What's new in JamUp v2.4.0:
- New Metal Signature Pack:
- A collaboration with three metal masters - guitarists Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Ola Englund (Six Feet Under, Feared) and Keith Merrow. Now you can rock Jeff, Ola and Keith’s six signature amp models and six signature guitar pedals right in JamUp—from ultra clean to trash metal; delay, chorus, four-band parametric EQ to distortion and overdrive! All are certified and carefully developed by both the artists and Positive Grid.
- New Bass Pack II:
- JamUp adds extra juice to fuel your bass engine with all-new historic bass amp models and effects. Includes four new legendary bass amp models and two highly sought-after bass pedals based on *Acoustic® 360, *Orange® AD-200, *Gallien-Krueger® 700RB II, *Fender® Super Bassman, *EBS® OctaBass and HPF Pro.
- New Pitch Shifter: JamUp adds a real-time pitch shifter/harmony effect (via in-app purchase), simply controlled by your expression pedal. Using StompBox or MIDI footswitch with expression pedal , you can turn your JamUp into a real whammy pedal.
- ToneSharing: JamUp offers world’s the first and only cloud based ToneSharing platform. The new redesigned interface (iPad 2 and newer device required) allows you to browse thousand of presets by simply looking at their effects chains and amp settings. With the power of our fast-growing JamUp tone community, now you can explore, like, comment, share and download over 5,000 artists and users presets.
- Live View: Assigning your custom amp setups and effects chains in JamUp is easy and immediate. And now, JamUp adds convenient and elegant “Live View” displays—a fully assignable control interface with an ultra-clear format that gigging guitarists will appreciate, turning JamUp into a truly live friendly multi-effect system.
- Increased Preset Slots: Store up to 128 presets for all your favorite sounds at the touch of a button!
Here's an epic sounding little jam with Jeff Loomis and Keith Merrow. Hard Mode: Try not to devil horns while listening.
SunVox developer Alexander Zolotov, aka NightRadio, has an excellent new music video out featuring his app with Audio Mastering; made by his friend and fellow developer Igor Vasiliev. Do all Russian surnames sound this cool?
KoalaSan, the app that lets you broadcast your own Internet Radio station from an iDevice with Audiobus, has been updated with both AAC and Shoutcast support! These are the two biggest requests they received following KoalaSan's release last month.
It is also on sale, for $2 off.
What's new in KoalaSan v1.2:
- Adds AAC support (Apple AAC iOS encoder)
- Adds support for Shoutcast
- Fix several quirks in the stream dumping area
for a full changelog please have a look at http://talk.koalasan.net