Olympia Noise Co., makers of dot Melody, Ondes, and Chordion, have released this teaser for their next app! Patterning is a sample-based drum machine with a circular sequencer and poly-rhythmic possibilities. This is a short demo, but I'm keenly looking forward to it after seeing how the poly-rhythmic elements are illustrated on the interface!
Sadly we'll have to wait a bit, but it should arrive some time this summer.
Patterning is an inspiring new drum machine coming soon from Olympia Noise Co. As beautiful as it is powerful, Patterning is a deep and flexible sample-based drum machine unlike any you’ve encountered before. With its elegant circular interface, Patterning transforms the iPad into a serious tool for beat-making.
Create dynamic drum patterns with the swipe of a finger. Make evolving, poly-metric rhythms, four-on-the-floor dance party jams, or laid back R&B grooves. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore untapped rhythmic possibilities. Automate parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Arrange patterns on the timeline to construct songs. Use the built-in effects--delay, reverb, distortion, and 3- band EQ--to add atmosphere, shimmer and noise. Connect to other apps with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, and MIDI.
Patterning comes loaded with classic drum machine samples as well as exclusive drum kits created and curated by contemporary producers and musicians. For the independent producer, it’s easy to import samples for custom kits.
With an extensive and uncommon feature set, Patterning redefines what an iOS drum machine can be.
Available summer 2015.
DJ Player got another major update today! This one includes direct reading from the iOS music library, along with enhancements to their Digital Vinyl System.
DJ Player 7.7 iTunes Description:• Fast triple tapping on IN while the track paused sets the cue point AND the beat grid.
• Direct reading from iPod music library (no caching).
• Fixed the "pumping volume" issue for time stretching.
• Improved waveform display:
Four different waves displayed (peak, bass, mid, high).
More zoom levels.
Uniform sizes (no more "meet in the middle").
Switchable "separate waves" display (at DECK settings).
Better DVS operation with time stretching for continuous playback and better bpm display.
Traktor Control MK2 (CD/Vinyl) compatibility. Set DVS frequency to 3000 Hz.
Fixed "missing highs for the first few seconds".
MIDI mappable TT switch between TT1 and TT2 (does not go "off" like the DVS TT Selector).
Key lock will automatically turn off when you first enable DVS control. DVS scratching with key
lock and/or pitch shifting is still possible.
• MIDI mappable "track end" indicator (LED).
• Improved looping start.
• Fixed gate bug.
• Removed Reloop Beatpad midi mapping. Reloop did not extend our free loan period, so we are not able to provide official support anymore. The last mapping is available on the djtechtools.com website.
PreSonus has released Studio One Remote, a dedicated control surface app for their Studio One v3 desktop DAW.
Studio One Remote iTunes Description:
PreSonus® Studio One® Remote is a free iPad® remote control app designed specifically for use with PreSonus Digital Audio Workstation Studio One 3 Professional on Mac® and Windows® computers. It’s the perfect companion, both as a “second screen” app in a workstation setup or as a flexible mobile remote for recording, mixing and editing when away from the computer.
Studio One Remote is based on the PreSonus software applications framework and utilizes the UCNET protocol for network connectivity and remote control. This is the same technology that powers PreSonus remote control apps such as UC-Surface, as well as the popular multitrack live recording software Capture™ (desktop) and Capture for iPad.
- Remote control of Studio One 3 transport and mix console
- Commands page for access to all Studio One factory and user commands and macros
- Control up to 28 plug-in parameters using Control Link
- PreSonus UCNET networking technology for ultra-fast connectivity
- Macro Control view for quick access to FX parameters
- Fast song navigation using scalable timeline, marker list and Arranger sections
- Control any Studio One system on the same network; control a single Studio One with multiple remote apps simultaneously
- Start Page with demo mode and integrated Quick Help
- Access multiple Cue Mixes with independent faders
- Access record modes, Pre-count and Metronome settings
Studio One Remote works with Studio One 3 Professional version 3.0.1 or newer. Requires second-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 8 or later.
This has been quite a long while in the making. Here is a preview for the app, from back in January 2011! I couldn't find a newer official demo. There is a video detailing what's new in Studio One 3.
MATRIXSYNTH found one of the best sounding Korg Monotribe jams I've ever heard, by Fede Manfredi. He's using a ton of effects, including some from his iPad! I can't identify the app he's using. It looks familiar, but I can't place it.
Korg Monotribe Bassline / hi hat
An1x - Lead synth
FL Studio - drums, pads, main sync
Nord electro 3 - solina w/phaser
ipad mini - FXs
Line 6 pod xt - FXs