Klevgränd brings us another unique addition to our iOS arsenal with this beautiful looking vocal synth, Jussi! Although the app is intended to be used inside of an Audio Unit host, it will work in a limited capacity as a standalone app.
Jussi iTunes Description:
This synthesizer emulates male voice vowels in a unique way. Thanks to a set of powerful parameters you can make Jussi sing anything from soft and airy choir-like vowels to hard and angry shouting. Formants are controlled by playing with different velocity, which makes it fun and easy to play using a MIDI keyboard.
- AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like Garageband, Cubasis, AUM etc.
- ADSR with ”Turn-in” and ”Turn-out” option (Turn-in and Turn-out affects the pitch and maps it to attack and release)
- Voice character XY pad (Intensity and Narrowness)
- Legato mode (glides between notes and velocity levels)
- Legato Hold mode (polyphonic legato when using a sustain controller, consult the documentation for more info)
- Throat emulation XY pad (Grain and Tonality)
- Built-in reverb
Note: Jussi in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can play it using the keys at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Jussi with AUv3 compatible hosts.
iPhone 6 or later is recommended.
iPad 4 or later is recommended.
Here is the preview from Jakob Haq, where he covers the most important elements of the app; like how to pronounce it!
Back in December, Howl was released as a unique formant synthesizer. Today the app gains new life with Audiobus! The app is now Universal as well, with the addition of iPad support!
Howl iTunes Description:
HOWL is a simple vocoder/synthesizer. It uses formants to simulate the human voice and a pitch-space keyboard to help you find interesting melodies.
- Simple synthesizer (just a sawtooth wave nothing too complicated okay)
- Simple vocoder (four parallel bandpass filters, a bit like the Klatt engine)
- Audiobus support, so you can pipe your own audio through the vocoder and/or send the output to other software
- Adjustable pitch-space keyboard
- Cool FX (bitcrush, reverb, vibrato and tremolo)
HOWL is also open source (check out the code at https://github.com/dclelland/HOWL).
What's New in Version 2.0:
Everybody asked for Audiobus support, so HOWL now supports Audiobus! I've also rebuilt the UI so it scales up on an iPad. It looks gosh darned fantastic on that big touchscreen.
I've also added a few more features and effects, including a two-axis LFO to the vowel pad. 175% more knobs and dials!
Naturally Doug Woods has a demo for this one! Note that this demo is for version 1.0.
This is a really calm and minimalistic improv by the river to welcome the beginning of fall. First time with a Novation Circuit in the mix.
- iPad (Air 1) loaded with AUM, IK Multimedia iGrand, SoundScaper, Amazing Noises' Dedalus and Reverb, Kymatica AUFX:Space/Dub/Push/PeakQ, Borderlands Granular, HoldernessMedia Crystalline
- Novation Circuit is equipped with custom drum samples and synth patches and at the same time acts as a midi controller for iGrand on the iPad
- iGrand is fed into Borderlands for some realtime granular treatment
- Circuit’s audio and midi outputs are plugged into a battery powered Roland UA-22, which is connected to the iPad via CCK
- Recording is done inside of AUM on the iPad, slightly postprocessed with Positive Grid’s Final Touch
- SoundScaper on the iPad is loaded with field recordings of this very place, making some noisy background ambience
- Filming is done with an iPhone5S (slowmos) and an Olympus OMD-Em10 with a Panasonic 25mm 1.7 + ND Filter
- Edited with iMovie for iPad
You can find me
thesoundtestroom brings us another soundtest for the new presets added to Micrologue in Cubasis 2!
Please help support thesoundtestroom by becoming a Patreon for as little as $1 a month.
You will also have access to exclusive Patreon only content and videos.
Check Out Doug Woods And Colin Powell At Bandcamp Too If You Like Progressive Rock
Impact Novum is the end result of a pretty cool preset I made on my Novation MiniNova, with some added Impaktor drumming.
▼CONNECT WITH ME▼
PATREON ► https://www.patreon.com/jakobhaq
TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/foonastudio5
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/haQattaQ/
PAYPAL DONATE ► https://www.paypal.me/jakobhaq