VirSyn has released their 9th iOS app! Tera Synth is a modular synth with a more traditional synth interface.
Tera Synth iTunes Description:
Explore new sound spaces with Tera Synth that go beyond the emulation of synthesizer legends. Use the power of analog and digital synthesis combined with new modules for physical modelling. Wireless patching of modules combined with an intelligible modulation routing simplifies the development of new synthesizer designs from scratch. Distortion effect, Delay/Chorus/Phaser and Reverb effects give your sounds the final polishing. Tera Synth gives your music an individual character with its unique fat sound. The well-designed algorithms and the economical modular structure provides you with a comparatively high voice yield. Precise timing with the unique built-in Arpeggiator let you feel the rhythm.
Tera Synth supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for integration with other Music Apps.
Modular Analog Synthesis
- Modular synthesizer with free connections between modules.
- 25 Sound Modules
- 4 Low frequency oscillators
- 4 Standard ADSR Envelope generators.
- 4 Multi Segment Envelopes with tempo sync.
- 64 time/level segments per envelope
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
- More than 920 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
- Chorus with four delay lines.
- 8 pole Analog Phaser.
- Distortion effect with Tube/Tape emulation
- Stereo Echo/Delay effect.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
- Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
- Dozens of scales selectable
- Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
- Audiobus compatible (Input slot).
- Inter App Audio
- Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- MIDI learn functionality.
- Publish loops and recordings online with the SoundCloud audio platform.
Marc McClusky, famed producer for bands such as Bad Religion and owner of an increasing number of chihuahuas, has launched a Kickstarter campaign for his app! Ghost Trax is a highly customizable platform for playing backing tracks during live performances. The app will retail for $50, but Kickstarter Backers can pick it up for $25.
Stop worrying about your laptop skipping during your live show. The Ghost Trax App WON'T skip since it’s running on an iPad instead of a laptop.
Stop rebouncing your backing tracks every time levels need to be adjusted. The Ghost Trax App has a built in mixer.
Never let your audience hear that annoying click track. The Ghost Trax App uses separate outputs for the click track and your backing tracks so the audience will never hear the click!
- Edit Trax
- Separate Outputs
- Dropbox and iTunes integration
- Create Sets/Playlists
- Song Linking
- Visual Count-in
Following DEVO's Kickstarter clusterfuck for their app, I am more than a little hesitant to post any crowd-funding campaigns for retail apps. Apple only gives developers 100 promo codes per version of the app, so it is impractical to rely on promo codes to get free versions of an app to thousands of Backers. To make sure Marc did not repeat the same folly I've been grilling him on the specifics of how he plans to get the app into the iPads of Backers!
Initially they were planning to go the route of trying to buy their own app on iTunes and give them to backers via Gift Codes. Unfortunately Gift Codes can only be used in the country they are bought in. There are a hell of a lot of European nations and no one has payment methods for them all. There really is no easy way to go about this. After I pointed this out the plan shifted to be somewhat like DEVO's, except with a larger freebie window. Here is Marc's explanation in his own words:
"We didn't think about Europe or the rest of the globe being the conundrum that it appears to be. We were planning on on putting it up for free 2 weeks prior to it's release date for one day. We would let all the backers know the day it was up." - Marc McClusky
This is a useful looking app, and I wish them success in this campaign, but everyone should keep this in mind.
Here is the promo video featuring Marc and his aforementioned chihuahuas!
Developers all over the world are celebrating Vanuatu's Independence Day with a whole bunch of app sales!
Reader Felix, aka The Tuesday Night Machines, built a custom portable case for his Eurorack Modular system. You can read his progress on the construction over here. This is his first jam, with Tape and Final Touch.
I built a portable DIY case for my Eurorack modular synth setup. It's almost done :) Here's a first little jam with it! See lots of pictures of the building process and read about it too here: http://tinyurl.com/modularcase
The drums in this jam were synthesized with Eurorack modules too. The Intellijel Dixie does the bass drum and the snare is the Anti-Oscillator + Noise from the Turing Machine. The other percussion sound is the pinged Klangbau 3D VCF through the Plague Bearer.
Gear used in this video:
- Eurorack Modular Synthesizer (see: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/111472)
- Arturia MicroBrute (analog synthesizer)
- iPad 3 with Behringer UCA202 audio interface and the Focusrite/Novation Tape recording app & Final Touch mastering app
Filmed with a Canon EOS 550D (Rebel t2i).
Music Studio got its first major update of the year, and it's a big one! A whole new effect routing scheme, along with 4 new effects!
What's new in Music Studio v2.5:
- New effect routing: 5 track, 5 send and 6 global effects
- 4 new effects: Compressor, BitCrusher, Phaser, StereoWidener
- Polyphony during export increased to 256
- MIDI CC2 input is mapped to track volume
- Audiobus SDK 2.0 compatibility
- Bug fixes and performance improvements